Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Case of the Disappearing Deck

That's right. Our deck is disappearing before our eyes. The wood is shrinking, chipping, peeling, and rotting away. Walking on the deck is a bit like walking on a bed. We also have had a set of French doors that open to a 20" drop to the ground. The first goal is to get the framing in beneath those French doors, so on a recent "leisurely" Saturday, we did manage to get this much further.

DSC_0153 DSC_0154

This little guy kept us entertained while we did find some leisure at the end of the day.
DSC_0156

3 comments:

MKHKKH said...

Amazing shot of the hummingbird. I am impressed! I can't wait to see the finished deck. Are you expanding it or keeping it the original size? If the spa doesn't fit, let us know;)

Heather said...

I can see, I can see!

I agree - that is an great picture of the hummingbird.
Heather

Greenie Gardens said...

You are really hard workers! Good progress for a "leisurely" day! It'll really be nice when you get done. I finally got my hummingbird feeder up and -- we got a couple. I just love them! Great photo.